HEP Applicant Eligibility Criteria
HEP participants must:
- Be at least 16 years old. Upon notification of acceptance into the program, students age of 18 must submit an age waiver from the last school district attended or from the local high school.
- Not be enrolled in high school.
- Not have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have qualifying work documentation or have an immediate family member with qualifying work*.
- Meet need as determined by: the program, the academic requirements, supporting services and financial support available.
- Have a government-issued photo-ID. GED Policy requires official ID to take a GED exam.
*Work documentation needed: Provide ONE of the following forms of documentation of you or your immediate family’s migrant or seasonal farm worker status:
- Check stubs that prove you or your immediate family (parent, guardian, head of household) have spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal farm worker. (Include any work directly related to the production of crops, dairy products, poultry, fish, plants, livestock, cultivation/harvesting of trees.) OR
- COE: Certificate of Eligibility (migrant status in high school). OR
- WIA 167 Program (JTPA 402). OR
- Employment Verification Form.