Skip to main content Skip to navigation

High School Equivalency Program

Please note, we are unable to accept additional applications at this time. 

How Do I Apply?

HEP Application Checklist

  • Complete an Application for Admission (incomplete applications will not be considered)
  • Copy of migrant OR seasonal documentation
  • Age waiver (Only if you are 16-18 years old.) Here is the link to the form.
  • Copy of Marriage License or Birth Certificate (only if qualifying under immediate family member)
  • Schedule an eligibility exam
  • Test scores (checked by staff)
  • Provide proof of immunization. You’ll need to provide proof of measles(Rubeola) immunity before starting HEP. Forms and other information are available from WSU Health and Wellness Services. If you do not have immunization records, you are responsible for getting the requested immunization prior to coming to campus.
  • Math placement quiz

NOTE: These documents are all due before the start of the program. We will be asking for them along the application process.


Online Application CLICK HERE


HEP Eligibility Criteria

HEP participants must:

  1. Be 18 years old or beyond the state’s compulsory age. Upon notification of acceptance into the program, students at the age of 18 must submit an age waiver from the last school district attended or from the local high school. Age waiver can be found here.
  2. Not be enrolled in high school.
  3. Not have a high school diploma or equivalent.
  4. Have qualifying work documentation or have an immediate family member with qualifying work*.
  5. Meet need as determined by: the program, the academic requirements, supporting services and financial support available.
  6. Have a government-issued photo-ID. GED Policy requires official ID to take a GED exam.

*Work documentation needed: Provide ONE of the following forms of documentation of you or your immediate family’s migrant or seasonal farm worker status:

  • Check stubs that prove you or your immediate family (parent, guardian, head of household) have spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal farmworker. (Include any work directly related to the production of crops, dairy products, poultry, fish, plants, livestock, cultivation/harvesting of trees.) OR
  • COE: Certificate of Eligibility (migrant status in high school). OR
  • WIA 167 Program (JTPA 402). OR
  • Employment Verification Form.

This form can be scanned and emailed to, faxed to 509-335-7633, or sent to Washington State University Attn: Lori Manzanares, PO Box 641062, Pullman, WA 99164-1062.