The HEP program at WSU provides eligible participants with the following:
- Housing and Meals
- GED instruction in English and Spanish
- Tutorial assistance
- Small allowance for residential students
- Books and school supplies
- Fees for GED testing
- Post-HEP placement assistance for jobs, vocational training, or college admittance
- Cultural and academic activities
The HEP students have the ability to step outside of their comfort zone and place themselves in a new environment to better understand opportunities higher education can offer them.
At the WSU HEP program we have our students focus on each subject at a time rather than teaching the students all four subjects at once.
The 5 weeks go as follow:
- 2 weeks for Math
- 1 week for Science
- 1 week for Social Science
- 1 week for Language Arts